[CUBE] PM G4 Cube - Upgrade or not!?

Joseph Tang jtds at netvigator.com
Sat May 29 01:41:22 PDT 2004

I have a stock cube 450, been thinking of upgrading the hard drive...is the
latest crop of 7200rpm Barracudas too hot for the cube with a fan?
TIA

joe

Subject: Re: [CUBE] PM G4 Cube - Upgrade or not!?

Allan,

Much probably, we have the same config:

Stock:
PM G4 Cube 450 MHz
Upgrades/add ons:
1.5 Gb RAM
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 32 Mb (small heatsink, fanless)
Seagate Barracuda IV 80 Gb HD
AirPort Card

Now that lock up thing you're having just gives me the creeps :)
But I'm almost positive every single Cube out there is unique, and as
always, mileages may vary.

LM

>>> allan at hise.org - 2004/05/28 10:51 AM >>>
Yeah, it is an upgrade.
Small heatsink, no fan.

Allan

To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
<Cube-digest at lists.themacintoshuy.com>
Need help from a real person? Try.  <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguycom>

$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Ma ISP
Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetacces.com

 T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!
Dr. Bott|   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/T3Hub.html>

   Cyberian   | Support this list when you buy at Outpost.com!
   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

ADC Extension | Extend the built in cable of your flat panel by 10 ft.
  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>