[Cube] Re: Sonnet 1,2 GHz Upgrade - is it worth the money?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Nov 10 14:35:15 PST 2004

I purchased a stock 400 MHz "mint condition" Cube off eBay last
summer and upgraded it with many goodies... the first being the
Sonnet 1.2 GHz card which I chose after careful evaluation of company
rep, warranty etc. In addition, I installed a different video card so
I could run a couple of LCD monitors (20" and 15") and a larger
faster 120 GB Seagate drive and more RAM. It has run perfectly from
first upgraded boot up. I don't miss not running a noisy G5. Silence,
or the next best thing, is golden. And the form factor still leaves
me in silent (pun intended) wonder.

PS: Thanks Laurie, for everything. Without your hard work and
excellent Cubeowner site I wouldn't be Cubing. Maybe we should check
our respective family trees - could be we're distant cousins. <gwin>

Rod