[Cube] help!!! apple studio monitor problem

Chris Lim chrislim at macosx.com
Tue Nov 16 10:05:38 PST 2004

Oops. sorry, sent this earlier with my non-member email, and got semi
bounced.

I know i read this here just 2 weeks ago:

Here are the symptoms: 15 inch lcd studio monitor goes dark, and the
light on its front panel flashes, and there's a very soft clicking
noise. What do i do???

Even when it seems to be functioning normally, the light in front
flickers.

however, it goes to sleep normally, cos the light pulsates when the mac
goes to sleep.

The rest of the cube still seems to function, cos i can still play
music off it and all that.

it's a stock cube, with 1.25GB RAM, and a seagate 80GB drive. running
OSX 10.3.6

I've also not been able to adjust the brightness for the longest time.
Control panel does not show a monitor brightness bar. But it's
occasional, sometimes, the brightness slider returns.