[Cube] NO startup chime (iMic+SoundSticks II)

Luis Meleiro luis_meleiro at cilsp.com
Fri Nov 19 01:54:56 PST 2004

Cubists,

I recently bought the Harman/Kardon SoundSticks II (mini-jack based) to replace my original Cube speakers. The increment in the sound quality is really fantastic.

Setup: SoundSticks II attached to the USB cube port via iMic (mini-jack <--> USB). Soundcheck is OK. SoundSticks II appear as the output device through the iMic gadget in the Sound System pane. SoundSticks II also have the ability to control the sound in the right stick providing a touch sensitive sound controler.

Problem: No startup chime when starting up/rebooting the Mac... Zero, Nada!!

Anyone here knows how to solve this!? Advices needed please!!

As always, thanks in advance.
--
LM