[Cube] merging mail

atoa at krak.net atoa at krak.net
Sun Nov 21 11:11:55 PST 2004

Assuming that you are popping your email, set the PC client to _NOT_
remove mail from server. Set Mail.app the same. Then you should have two
complete inboxes. You'll have to tell one of the clients to remove
downloaded mail from your server, from time to time, or you'll go over
quota.

With Mail.app, this is chosen via Preferences/Advanced. Your PC client has
similar choices.

To the original poster: if, in fact, your two Mac's are networked, you can
mount the drive which contains the mailboxes, and import directly from
there. Saves a tiny step.