[Cube] need new video card

Joost van de Griek jvdg at jvdg.com
Wed Oct 6 23:35:04 PDT 2004

On 2004-10-06 21:48, George Pepper wrote:

> Go to Laurie's place and check the classifieds.  They are no longer making new
> ones, if that's what you are asking.  GF2/3 series was discontinued quite a
> while back.  Just a suggestion: Get a GF2 instead of a GF3 if you can.  Though
> I have a GF3, it has a fan and required a SECOND fan to keep the temps down
> when environmental factors were less than ideal.  A couple of folks have
> burned up GF3's in Cubes because there really isn't enough room for the fan to
> work right.

It doesn't "need" a second fan; you'll just have to replace the GF3 fan with
something better. I did, and have been running my Cube 24/7 for over two
years since, with no heat problems whatsoever.

Here's the fan I used instead of the standard GF3 fan:
<http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/vaic4pro.html>

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Why do people with closed minds always open their mouths?