[Cube] Burners--Toast 6 and iTunes both burn to external FW CD/DVD

Steve Goldstein sng at cox.net
Sun Oct 10 12:00:30 PDT 2004

My wife has been teaching French to first-through-third graders at
our granddaughters' school (two granddaughters--punctuation is
correct!) on an after-school volunteer basis.  She recently was asked
to make recordings of some vocabulary readings for the students to
take home.  We did this on the Cube that she uses with a USB
microphone for input and freeware "Audio Recorder" to capture the
input from the microphone.  She went on to burn the CD's on an
external CD/DVD burner (Pioneer DVR 105 in a Firewire enclosure) from
BOTH iTunes and Toast 6 Titanium.  Both worked just fine.  We were
experimenting.  She found that (as long as she used the audio copy
rather than the data copy in Toast), the file conversions were
performed automagically in both iTunes and Toast.  I have no idea
whether iTunes took longer than Toast, and I doubt that she would
remember.

HTH,

Steve