[Cube] Ex. DVD burners recomendations

jmv mentholiptus at mac.com
Mon Oct 11 10:30:53 PDT 2004

On Oct 11, 2004, at 8:24 AM, Jim Sofa wrote:

> I'm interested in purchasing an external DVD burner
> for use on my Cube.
> I have a 450, with 896 Mb of RAM.
> What does the group recommend I do in order to burn
> DVD's on my Cube and also for use on my PB G3 233.
> Jim

I highly recommend LaCie's DVD±RW Dual Layer packages:

http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10114

DVD Write, Rewrite, and read speeds as follows:

DVD-RW:     16x 4x 12x
DVD+RW:    16x 4x 12x
DVD+R DL:  4x

Mine has been flawless. It's always powered on, but silent (no fans)
and only makes any noise when a disc is inserted, but even then, I
think it's quieter than the Cubes internal DVD drive.

jesse

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch"

.