[Cube] Cube as a Home Theater... or is it Theatre?

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Tue Oct 19 14:10:12 PDT 2004

Well, you asked the right guy this question.  I started out with a MyTV/FM USB box for my Cube, which is now on my Xserve.  Since you already have the iMic, it would be the quickest, cheapest way I can think of.  Being USB, it has it's limitations, frame rate being one of them, but since I leave the picture at the smallest size in the lower right of the screen 99% of the time, I have no complaints. I've had the unit for three plus years, and Eskape comes out with regular software upgrades, and the unit's functionality has improved quite a bit because of this.  When I got the GF3/23" Cinema HD combo for the Cube, I made it my home entertainment system, as the Xserve became my work system.  So, I got the Formac Studio TVR for it.  It's TV and so much more: It basicly turns the computer into a multimedia center with it's sound and video recording capabilities.  It's kinda like a TIVO.  Frame rate is NTSC/PAL compliant at 800x600, and since it's FireWire, no iMic.  It kicks butt.

Pep