[Cube] old vs new 23" ACD's

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Sun Sep 19 11:31:00 PDT 2004

I use the "old" 23" Cinema HD Display with my Cube.  I have an OEM GeForce 3, which needed a firmware update, or something, to run the big monitor.  It works great.  I'm not a gamer at all, but the Cube is my entertainment center, and DVD's look fabulous on the thing.  I can't speak to the "new" 23" Cinema HD Display, except to say that I believe the resolution is unchanged, which leads me to believe that it's really the same display in a new package, but I'm not positive about that.  Anybody?

FWIW, My 15" Apple LCD Studio Display, which I got with the Cube originally, has brighter color than any other Apple display I have or have ever seen.  I think it has something to do with the pixel size, since it's 15" but only 1024x768.  The 23" Cinema HD Display is not nearly a vivid, which is the only complaint I have about it [But it's MUCH brighter thn the "old, old" 22" Cinema Display].  I'm going to keep the 15" LCD until it dies, I like it so much.  Wish Apple would come out with something larger with the same pixel size [I've never seen a 17" LCD Studio Display, so that might be as bright].

Sorry.  I'm rambling.

Pep