[Cube] Hard Drive Hum

Andrew Kiang andy_kiang at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 29 14:02:48 PDT 2004

First of all, apologies if you receive this more than
once but my earlier post didn't seem to work.

I just upgraded my cube with a new WD Caviar hard
drive (80GB, 8MB buffer).  I followed all the
directions in the Apple Support documents as well as
the Cubeowner tip about transferring the guide rail.
Now my Cube has a constant hum even though everything
seems to be firmly installed.  It doesn't seem to
matter whether the hard drive is spinning or not.  Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance.