[Cube] Opera

Riba riba at ml1.net
Wed Aug 31 12:21:05 PDT 2005

On Aug 31, 2005, at 16:50, Leif Joel Örell wrote:

> Does everybody know that today you can register Opera for free due
> to 10 year celebration.
> Go to www.opera.com party

Strangely enough, on tuesday I already had my credit card ready to
buy Opera and then I got interrupted by some distraction. I've been
using it on and off for the past year or so, but ever since version
8.0.1 came out I realized that I'm using it exclusively.
Now most people may wonder why give up Safari... I used to be a
Safari person, but what really did it for me was the fact that Safari
gets really sluggish after prolonged use. I actually installed
MemoryCell (which is a small menu item which shows you how much
memory the currently active application is using, and I saw that by
the end of the day Safari can eat up to 120 MB of memory for my type
of usage. Opera however never goes over 60 MB! Opera never seems to
slow down, the history is blindigly fast, the overall speed is
fantastic. True, the initial appearance may turn you off, but if you
give it a chance it is very rewarding. It can also be skinned with a
ton of available skins out there.
Not to mention that in the 5 MB of download you also get a mail and
news client, bit torrent downloads, IRC, etc...
I'm really pleased with it.