[Cube] cubes in general

Kim David McNeill Simmons ksphoto1 at one.net
Thu Dec 22 08:03:21 PST 2005

Hello all,
	I have had my Cube since it first started shipping, a very
delightful computer. All I have done is change out the hard drive and
added memory. No other upgrade has been done, not because I did not
want to , but because I have found over the years that in my personal
opinion processor upgrades are just not worth the money. By the time
you put in the money for a dual or single upgrade and upgrade the
video card, you have just about bought and paid for a comparable
tower, and now a mini maxed out would be bought and paid for. Do not
get me wrong, I love my Cube but as a Stock computer I know she will
continue to run for sometime.  Where as I had a perfectly good 733mhz
computer I put an upgrade card into and although it runs much faster,
she does not want to start up right away and some times it does take
awhile, I can not close the side door at all or the computer will not
run. I did have an authorized dealer put in the upgrade and he when
thru the computer from one end to another and could not make it
function correctly at all. This was a computer that had been rock
solid prior to the processor upgrade. Prior to this I had spend a lot
of money with Newer well before they went under trying to make my
computers of that time work as promised.
	This is all just personal experience, not meant to cause issues,
especially since so many on this list have had such good luck in
upgrading. But I think i is a far better avenue to buy a new computer
then to upgrade processors at this point. Now when Apple has decided
to create a Mac that gives us that capability without issues, then I
will jump onboard once again to the processor upgrade line, but not
until then.

Kim D M Simmons

Simmons Photography
1684 State Route 232