[Cube] cubes in general

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Dec 22 09:32:27 PST 2005

I am not 100% sure about it, but I suppose every PowerLogix CPU upgrade,
single or dual, must use a 12V fan.

<http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/accelerators/PowerLogix/PowerForce-G4-Cube/>

LM

>>>aklist04 at comcast.net 12/22/05 5:21 pm >>>
>I have 2 cubes. Instead of upgrading the procsessor, hard drive,
>airport, DVD burner, etc, Shouldn't I just buy a Mac Mini?

I'd say it depends on what your priorities are.
I like a quiet computer and my cube suits me very well.
I haven't listened to a mini but I'm thinking that a computer with a
fan is likely to be noisier than a computer without one.
I've got a Radeon 7500 video card and 1.2 Gb of RAM.
I'm contemplating the powerlogics 1.2 GHz CPU upgrade, I think it's
about as fast as you can go without a fan and it's supposed to run
cooler than stock courtesy of a re-designed power supply.

Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?

Cube mailing list
Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: