[Cube] cubes in general

Donald Schwab deschwab at descom-usa.com
Fri Dec 23 03:32:17 PST 2005

That quiet computer thing is the essential quality.

No fan, and, with any of several fan-less upgrades, fast enough.

My Cube also has a Radeon 7500 video card, and a Gigadesign 1.2 GHz
upgrade.

It lives in my living room, where is acts as my email client and
music server (running Titletrack and Music Library 2.5, to run my CD
Changers, and iTunes to tend my iPod and Airport Expresses).

Being absolutely quiet is the key to this use -- the PowerMac and the
PCs in my office/studio are not silent, even if quiet.

Then the good looks come into play -- a Cube on a shelf in the living
room looks attractive, a Mac Mini is merely utilitarian.

Don