[Cube] Re: Cube Digest, Vol 16, Issue 5

Charlie Murphy d71lcm56 at cox.net
Thu Dec 29 14:03:03 PST 2005

    First, either the OWC Combo Drive or the SuperDrive from FastMac fit
almost exactly like the optical drive that's in the cube. Difference being
the jumper on the hard drive for the SuperDrive. I'm not sure about the
combo drive. You also have to take the connection board off the old drive
and install it on the new one.
    Second, the drive mentioned at PriceWatch.com is a tray loading drive
for G4 & G5 towers, not a slot loading drive like in the Cube. The original
optical drive in my Cube was made by Matshita as was the SuperDrive I
replaced it with. The SuperDrive is a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-8455. A
PriceWatch.com search returned no results.