[Cube] Cube Hardware Test CD

Donald Schwab deschwab at descom-usa.com
Wed Feb 9 10:43:48 PST 2005

Nero isn't bad, but lord is it Germanically complex!  Sort of like that
button thing on the dash of a BMW 7 series -- intended to make
operating all car functions simple, allegedly, but in reality the
driver instead spends inordinate time rotating a knob and seeking
functions!  Technology for its own sake!

Last year I had the pleasure of copying a series of Hong Kong soap
operas onto DVD-R blanks with a NEC DVD reader, then latest Sony
external FW/USB dual DVD-+RW, and the latest Nero.  It worked fine, but
I had to mind my manners constantly.  Recently, using the ancient
DVD-ROM in the Cube and my recently acquired Lacie external FW DVD+-RW,
doing a few more transcriptions for my friend was not much more
difficult than dropping in the master and the blank, and making one
choice, in Toast Titanium 6.  A beautiful program -- but then, I am a
died in the wool copyist, so I would probably lean to terming it the
very best OS X program!

Don