[Cube] OFF Topic but worth it/MIME?

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Thu Feb 10 06:11:25 PST 2005

On 2/10/05 9:01 AM, "George Pepper" <pep27 at mac.com> wrote:

> Why would you assume I'm not referring to the page I'm obviously referring to?
> Of COURSE it's the gatesconan.html page that gave me the MIME message. All my
> machines give the same message and they're all using Safari 1.0.3 (v85.8.1)

There's no mystery there, George. Right on the page it specifically tells
you:

If you can not view the above media you may need to install the following:
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9 SERIES
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player.aspx>
QUICKTIME <http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone/>
MACROMEDIA FLASH
<http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=S
hockwaveFlash>
NOTE: If you can see the content playing above you already have the
necessary program installed

Download the latest versions of all three of those apps, install them (or
reinstall them if you think you have them but they are not working) and
you'll stop being prompted that you are missing plug-ins.

Laurie
--
Founder, Editor, FAQ-checker
http://cubeowner.com