[Cube] 9.2-Bootproblems with GigaDesign 1.5 GHz

Riba riba at ml1.net
Fri Jan 7 00:44:44 PST 2005

> But now I have got a new problem:
> Shortly after installation I could boot into 9.2.2, but today my cube
> freezes when booting, just when I see the "progression-beam". And it
> is not possible to boot without extensions (!?)
>
> Yes, I have removed the multiprocessor-extension from the system folder
> and
> yes, I have installed the VRAM-ROM after/before upgrading and
> No, I have not zapped PRAM without a new upgrade of VRAM
>
> Has anybody of you the same upgrade and a solution?

My sister bought a CPU upgrade for her Sawtooth...it was OWC brand (933
MHz) and she's got the same problem. The latest firmware was applied,
but when she boots the OS 9 progress bar stops 1/3 through... are we
missing something obvious or should we get them replaced? We also tried
lowering the speed to 800 MHz, but that did not help.