[Cube] Re: mac mini

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Tue Jan 11 18:01:49 PST 2005

Downside of Mac mini:
1 GB RAM limit
32 MB Video Limit
1.43 GHz Speed Limit
FAN. How loud it is is yet to be determined. But any fan is problematic
in my opinion.

So it's not dead quiet. And we have a 1.6 GHz fanless G4 upgrade coming
soon from GigaDesigns later this month.

Upside of Mac mini:

Super Small 6.5" x 2" space saver
USB 2
Airport Extreme
Bluetooth
Native DVI Port
Low Entry Price

On Jan 11, 2005, at 2:31 PM, laura wrote:

>> So, is the Mac Mini just the next generation Cube?
>
> There were rumors forever that Apple was working on a "new Cube". But
> I'd
> hardly refer to this as "just" a new generation Cube. If it proves to
> be
> solid without drive problems, it may well surpass the quiet efficiency
> of
> the Cube. And. Of course, it has style  This is the first Mac since my
> Cube
> that has caught my eye and ignited my consumer lust. I hope it's
> fantastic
> and long-lived.

Taylor Barcroft
Senior Contributing Editor