[Cube] Re: mac mini

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 07:04:45 PST 2005

Hmmm - my current question in the planning for a media centre computer.  I'm currently torn between using the Cube and upgrading or buying a mini for that role.

Although the current logic is looking like the following :

Headless Cube handling all server tasks, web server, mail server, DNS, etc which runs 7/24 and is utterly silent (especially after I removed the drive and run it off an external firewire disk).
Mac Mini with the EyeTV 200 since even if there's a slight fan noise, I won't care if I'm watching TV, movies or playing music.  Then it gets the instant sleep treatment when not in use.

Advantage Mini with the faster bus for handling all of my iPhoto chores and stuff while advantage Cube for the silence aspect.

Comments ?

Erik