[Cube] Alternate KVM Use

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Wed Jan 12 12:05:33 PST 2005

Here an interesting question that I'm mulling over.  I have the Cube
connected to a nice LCD monitor but it's a little small compared to the
TV right next to it - especially for watching DVDs.  I'm mulling over
the idea of buying a KVM switch to the cube on the single switch side,
plugging the monitor into one slot and the TV with a DVI to S-Video
adaptor on the other.

My powerbook handles dynamic screen plugins and I'm wondering if this
would work with the Cube.  AFAIK, the KVM switches are straight through
so it shouldn't care that the item being 'shared' is the Cube rather
than a monitor.  I realize the obvious other option is a dual hard
video card upgrade but I'm curious to know if anyone has tried anything
like this...

Cheers,

Erik

PS - keyboard's bluetooth it won't care about the USB switching...