[Cube] Mac mini take apart clues

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Thu Jan 13 02:14:22 PST 2005

Hi Bill :)

The Mac mini is the answer to all those Windows-using friends of yours who
balk at the price of a shiny new iMac G5 and then tell you that they are
perfectly fine with the monitor they already have and they can walk into
Wal-Mart and buy a $500 barebones PC.  Well now they can walk into the
nearest Apple Retail store and buy a $500 Mac. And I'll bet you that after
not too long of having that attractive Mac on their desk next to their
not-as-attractive Dell monitor, they are going to start thinking maybe a
Cinema Display would look really sweet next to their $500 bargain basement
Mac and their stylish iPods.

There's your market. And that's one damn big market.

The Mac mini is not a Cube-killer by a long shot. But it's a bold, brave and
very very smart move by Apple to make inroads in a space they never stood a
chance in previously.

Laurie
--
Founder, Editor, FAQ-checker