[Cube] Cube won't start

TonVanHest a.vanhest at chello.nl
Mon Jan 31 02:08:25 PST 2005

I have a Cube (regular condition, no special cards) that works
flawlessly 24/24 and 7/7.  It has no speel/wake up problems whatsoever.

1.  However from time to time I have to restart it and then most of the
time it will not start anymore. Also when I "press" the startbutton,
the lite goes on nothing happens and the light goes out when I remove
my finger.

It will only start when I remove the core, press the S1 switch (Cuda?)
on the logic board, put back and then it starts and works flawlessly.

Question; What can I do to solve this problem since it is driving me
mad.

2. Maybe related maybe not. I have noticed that (while working oke) the
lite on the Cube is sometime on, sometimes off and sometimess flickers
rapidly. I have a service manual, however can find nowhere how exactly
the lite should behave.

Question: Should this lite burn yes/no and what may cause this erratic
behaviour?

Solutions are welcomed, thanks for any.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Ton van Hest