[Cube] Airport recommendations.

Ronald Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Thu Jul 21 07:33:29 PDT 2005

On 21 Jul, 2005, at 4:58, Nic wrote:

I need recommendations for a wireless non-Apple base station that
will work with the original Apple airport card for the Cube and a
recommendation for a PCMCIA card for my Pismo (G3 Powerbook, firwire)
that will work with said router. I'll have to grab an airport card on
ebay.

My office uses a Netgear wireless router and it is compatible with
the Apple airport card in my Pismo.

I have used an Orinoco card and a Belkin card in my Wallstreet
laptops, but I do not recommend trying to use a non-apple airport
card in the Pismo if you can get hold of an original Apple AirPort
802.11b card. They are available for around $70.00US through eBay if
you have the patience to use the auction process.