[Cube] No more powerup chime for me...

John Bryan johnbryan at mac.com
Sat Jul 23 14:16:11 PDT 2005

My Cube with Tiger, even after the update to 10.4.1, still has this
problem with startup chime.  It is just barely barely audible.  If
you are not listening for it you would miss it.  Other sounds are
ok.  My understanding is that the startup chime is built into the
ROM, so am thinking it is some software/driver thing with 10.4 on
this hw config, stock G4-450 Cube, 832 MB RAM, with replacement
graphics card for the fried BTO OEM Radeon it came with.

Was wondering if anyone having the same problem had found out
anything more ??