[Cube] Is my Cube dead?

Rick Branscomb ebranscomb at mac.com
Thu Jun 9 06:38:09 PDT 2005

My 450 MHz (Panther 10.3.9) Cube recently began writing corrupt data
back to the HD, slowly causing app crashes and eventually a kernel
panic at least once a day. After a week or so of repairing things
with fsck, eventually I'd have to re-initialize and start from
scratch. I've pulled all the extra RAM and replaced the RAM that I
did have to leave in. Now it won't even take a new system install--
with Jaguar, Panther, and Tiger, I get installation errors and no
system will install. It passes all the tests that Drive 10 has (I
don't have TTPro).

Is there anything else this could be besides a major hardware failure
requiring a motherboard replacement (which won't be worth it to me)?

---------
Rick Branscomb
Webmaster
Southern NH Apple Core