[Cube] for pep

atoa atoa at krak.net
Sun Jun 19 05:21:05 PDT 2005

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Allan Hise wrote:

>> i cant
>> understand differentiation/integration but it allows pretty much any
>> structure to be built safely and not fall on your head.
>
> However, the pyramids had been standing for a few thousand years before
> Sir Isaac Newton came along & developed calculus...

I think you mean Leibniz. And so what? The pyramids didn't need calculus.
They were built long before penicillin was discovered, too.

> But that doesn't mean I would recommend using Excel for what Pep wanted.
> To me, that made about as much sense as recommending to someone to use a
> wrench to drive a nail. It may be possible to get it to work, but it
> really isn't the right tool for the job.

I agree (and previously said) that Excel wasn't really designed for this
purpose. But when the poster says that he is looking for something that is
not ordinary and has not been able to find a tool (I didn't know that he
is Googlly-impaired), I thought that an unusual use was appropriate.

And, it is simplicity itself. Take a look at http://krak.net/~atoa/pep.pdf
  or http://krak.net/~atoa/pep.jpg .