[Cube] Jaz via USB? Firewire?

Ron Steinke ronsteinke at mac.com
Wed Jun 22 12:34:39 PDT 2005

On 22 Jun, 2005, at 7:38, tobias wrote:

I have some stuff on external scsi Jaz that I’d like to load into my
Cube so I can burn the data.

  I do have a Microtech SCSI-USB adapter, and when I connect the
(terminator switch to “on”) Jaz to the Cube (either a powered hub or
directly to one of the two usb ports), Apple system profiler sees the
connection, but that’s it. No drive shows up, neither under X nor when
restarting under 9.2

  Must I buy a firewire connection, or am I doing something wrong?

It is possible that you do not have the proper software installed in
the Cube to recognize the Jaz drive. Go to the Iomega web site and
download the latest version of their software. Install the software and
restart the Cube with a cartridge in the Jaz drive. This may be the
answer to your problem.