[Cube] Cube to Television?

Scott Strungis scott at strungis.net
Wed Jun 22 13:18:23 PDT 2005

> Since they're both analog signals, for a short distance all you should
> need is a cable adapter:
>
> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=vga+to+s-video&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=en
> &tab=wf&scoring=p
>
> http://froogle.google.com/froogle?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&rls=en&tab=wf&scoring=p
> &q=vga+to+rca&btnG=Search+Froogle&sa=N&start=10

>From the looks of things, these are simple cables with the right ends on
them.  TVs use lines of resolution, and monitors use pixels.  How are they
converted?  If a cable will work, then why are there converter boxes also
available for purchase?

I mean, if a cable will do the trick without another device in the loop,
then I am all for it.  I am a little confused here though.

Scott