[Cube] Bluetooth for Cube

David Flory daflory at speakeasy.net
Thu Mar 3 20:39:49 PST 2005

On Mar 3, 2005, at 07:13 PM, Brett Pearce wrote:

>> On Mar 3, 2005, at 3:53 PM, Brett Pearce wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone using a USB  Bluetooth adapter that will:
>>>
>>> 1) Work with Apple's wireless keyboard & mouse
>>>
>>> 2) Fit in the limited space around/below the Cube's ports

You can find lots of bluetooth dongles that will work. I'd like to
bring another aspect of Bluetooth keyboard/mouse to your attention.

I bought a Blue Tooth dongle and keyoard and like using it a lot. Then
I realized that I can't use the keyboard until the computer has
finished booting up, so I can't use the option key during booting to
pick which system I want to boot from, when I'm booting from either my
computer, my backup FW external, my iPod, my CD or my DVD. I also can't
use the C key to boot from a CD or use Command S to boot into single
user mode and use Applejack for maintenance. Since I joined the Apple
Select Developer list so I can seeds of the OS and am therefore
upgrading all the time, I finally gave up and went back to the wired
USB keyboard and my overall experience is nicer, IMOP. Give it a little
thought and then decide. You won't be able to use the mouse while
booting either.

Fair winds and happy bytes, Dave Flory
--
Speak softly, study Aikido, & you won't need to carry a big stick!
See my photos @ <http://homepage.mac.com/dflory>