[Cube] Influence of faster (or slower) graphics card>gaming?

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Tue Mar 8 01:57:34 PST 2005

>My suggestion is give up games.  Just a phenomenal waste of time,
>anyway.   Your set up will probably do a fine enough job of video
>editing, say, a complex activity, demanding of attention and a
>smooth hand on the mouse (sounds a bit like a game, no?) -- and
>better yet, after an evening at the computer, you may have something
>useful, or beautiful, or just desirable.  Compare that to playing a
>game.
>
>Don  (Last played anything in 2001)

Hi Don,

are you member of the anonymus gamers :-) ?

I agree to your answer, - in principle but not absolutely
Yes, it is a waste of time and yes, finally there is nothing that remains.

On the other hand, why not doing something absolutely senseless?
Mankind does that all the time, at least...

And I have three children and my cube is the fastest machine over here.
And sometimes they are allowed to play on dad's machine (that's an
honour for them too), of course no shooting. But modern games need a
lot of power - in any category. That's my impression.

Therefore I shall only keep in mind your suggestion for the next time
(but by heart! :-) )
I don't mean that ironically, but with a smile!

Thanks
Stefan