[Cube] Speakers & Sound

George Pepper pep27 at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 23:47:22 PST 2005

I'm sorry, but I simply must object.  Long time Cube-listers know I don't care about computers per se, but I'm a professional musician with both B.M. and an M.M. degrees.  Not only that, but I've worked in some of the most famous recording studios in the world as an engineer and an artist (Electric Ladyland in NYC is one you may recognize).  The HK Soundsticks are a joke.  They flatter the midrange and the bass is simply all over the place.  No focus you could count on as a reference AT ALL!  I have superior sound coming out of my Cube.  How?  Simple.  I use a Griffin iMic and have the output running into a pro audio power amp.  That goes into a pair of Tannoy Proto-J near field studio monitors.  I record CD's with this settup, and I KNOW I'm getting out what I put in.  DVD's also yeild a superior listening experience with this rig.

Bottom line?  You want the last word in sound, you go pro audio.  Forget all that "hi-fi" garbage.

Just MHO.

Pep