[Cube] Speakers & Sound

Joost van de Griek jvdg at jvdg.com
Sun Mar 27 18:05:19 PST 2005

On 2005-03-27 8:47, George Pepper wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I simply must object.  Long time Cube-listers know I don't care
> about computers per se, but I'm a professional musician with both B.M. and an
> M.M. degrees.  Not only that, but I've worked in some of the most famous
> recording studios in the world as an engineer and an artist (Electric Ladyland
> in NYC is one you may recognize).  The HK Soundsticks are a joke.  They
> flatter the midrange and the bass is simply all over the place.  No focus you
> could count on as a reference AT ALL!  I have superior sound coming out of my
> Cube.  How?  Simple.  I use a Griffin iMic and have the output running into a
> pro audio power amp.  That goes into a pair of Tannoy Proto-J near field
> studio monitors.  I record CD's with this settup, and I KNOW I'm getting out
> what I put in.  DVD's also yeild a superior listening experience with this
> rig.

You go all gaga over the inferiority of the SoundSticks and the superiority
of your amp & speakers, yet you interface to them with a Griffin iMic?!

Priceless.

Oh, perhaps I should mention that I am a professor of mathematics? Does that
makes my opinion more valuable than yours?

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
If you play the Windows CD backwards you hear a satanic message.
But it gets worse... If you play it forwards it installs Windows.