[Cube] SAMSUNG Hard Drive

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Mon Mar 28 07:00:42 PST 2005

After replacing my stock Maxtor 20Gb with a Seagate 'cuda 7200 80Gb (2Mb cache), all I have to say is that I am very satisfied with this brand and would vote for them.

I am also interested in hearing other's opinions/experiences as I am in the process of switching again for a bigger (120Gb) / faster (8Mb cache) one. My main concerns are: noise and power consumption. My Cube is (still) a stock 450MHz running 10.3.8 and 9.2.2.

As usual, TIA.
LM

>>> lepape at hawaii.edu - 28/03/2005 15:05 PM >>>
Is there anybody who can recommend or had experience with the following
hard drive:

120GB SAMSUNG	P80 SP1213N		(7200 RPM with 8 MB cache)

I am just trying to find a "quieter" HD than other brands offer
including the SEAGATE 120GB  ST3120026A

Thanks for your comments * or suggestions for a "better" alternative.

_mLP