[Cube] microphone

Riba riba at ml1.net
Mon Mar 28 08:36:24 PST 2005

On 2005.03.28, at 14:19, alain wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently bought a microphone and headset to use
> the new mac'version of SKYPE .
> But I'm not able to find any plug for the microphone jack
> on my Cube.
>
> Is there somebody to help me ?

Hello Alain - as the others already pointed out to you, the Cube does
not have analog audio input and you will have to buy an USB converter
device to have it.
However, since I was in the same boat as you were (but with the
Powerbook), here is an idea. While the USB headsets go in the $100
range, I realized that bluetooth headsets (the kind you are supposed to
use with the mobile phone) work great with the Mac as both the sound
input and output device. Cube does not have bluetooth built in, but
both USB bluetooth dongle for the cube and a usb headset cost less than
$100 combined, and the comfort is perfect.