[Cube] Hello everyone

Morning, A.J. phoenix at cybernothing.org
Thu May 26 17:52:06 PDT 2005

Quoth Blake Tullo :

> I just wanted to drop a note and say hi.  I recently received a 450
> MHZ cube in a trade and am looking forward to getting it up to speed
> so I can run Tiger on it and use it as a word processing, email and
> browsing machine.
> I believe that the specs are:
> 450 MHZ
> 128 or 256 MB RAM (not sure atm)
> 20 GIG HD
> CD Rom Drive
>
> I plan on booting it up in the next couple of days to get better
> specs on it, just haven't had a chance as of yet.
> If that were your machine what would you do to it to crank it up for
> Tiger and the use I mentioned.

First, max that puppy on RAM. As much as you can throw at it. A trio of 256
sticks won't cost much, and will yield a nice 768 MB.

Bigger, faster hard drive. Definitely. The old 20s are loud, slow, and
small. Newer ones, aren't.

Last, if you feel like it, look at a new processor. 1.2? 1.4? Consensus,
anyone?

Cheers,
A.J.