[Cube] Hello everyone

Scott Strungis scott at strungis.net
Fri May 27 05:04:57 PDT 2005

If that were your machine what would you do to it to crank it up for
> Tiger and the use I mentioned.

Hi Blake,

My machine is quite similar to yours.  Stock 450 Cube, 512 megs of RAM,
120 gb HD, GeForce2 video card, stock DVD drive.

I use an external Iomega CD burner when I need to burn.  I use my wife's
iMac for DVD burning when needed :)

It runs Tiger like a champ.  I've done three partitions.  One for 9.2, one
for Tiger (the largest), and one for Ubuntu Linux.

Get an Airport card as soon as possible before they get rare.

The video card is worth the trouble, but a pain to install from what I
understand.  I got my already upgraded.

I use my machine for basic web, iTunes, Illustrator, Photoshop, and video
work.  The Cube is slow for video encoding.  Everything else is fine.

Get more RAM.

Thanks,
Scott