[Cube] I joined with a dead cube.

Lou Hosta louh at mac.com
Fri May 27 15:16:38 PDT 2005

Hi all,
I'm brand new to this list.  I've had a Cube (note the past tense)
that I really enjoyed using.  One sad day there was a thunder way off
in the distance, somewhere that wasn't even close to my house.
Anyway, there was a phone line surge that killed my poor Cube.  It
has a 450 mHz processor with almost 1 gig of RAM and everything else
is original as the day I bought it.  I took it to an Apple Store and
got a quote on what it would cost to get it fixed. For a new Logic
Board ($627.72), New Rage 128 Video Card ($147.4), and a new DVD-ROM
Optical Drive ($296.47) and labor ($90.10) the grand total comes to
$1161.69.  OUCH!!

Does anyone have any suggestions, ideas, input like going on to eBay
to get spare parts.  I'm a bit apprehensive to do this so if you have
had any experiences buying logic boards via eBay, I would like to
know about it.

Thanks for the help and welcome.
Lou