[Cube] CD Stuck in Drive

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Nov 10 06:26:17 PST 2005

Rick,

If nothing (os x or software based) is responsive, you should give open
firmware a try:

Press and hold command+option+O+F right after the chime and while the
Cube's starting up.
welcome to open firmware message will appear.

Type: eject-cd (or eject cd - without the dash - not sure, but you can
try both)

Press Enter. Any stuck CD should then be ejected and ok message should
appear.

Type: mac-boot

Press Enter again.

If this is not working out, perhaps you'll have to take your Cube apart
and try the emergency eject button.

Hope this was helpful,
LM

>>>ebranscomb at mac.com 11/10/05 11:56 am >>>
The subject says it all--I put a CD in the drive of my Cube (Tiger
10.4.3) and it's stuck now. It doesn't appear on the desktop, it
won't eject with the eject button on the keyboard or by holding down
the mouse button on restart, Disk Utility and Toast 6 don't recognize
it. I hear no activity from the CD drive, and Profiler shows no CD
drive connected at all.

Any help will be appreciated.

--------
Rick Branscomb
Professor, English Department
Salem State College
Salem, MA 01970

ebranscomb at mac.com
http://www.salemstate.edu/~rbranscomb/

Cube mailing list
Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: