[Cube] CD Stuck in Drive

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Nov 10 07:40:28 PST 2005

atoa,

I've never tried your procedure. Though I've tried the cubeowner.com
method and it worked alright.

Obviously, nor mine neither yours will work, if the drive is
(unfortunately) dead.

LM

>>>atoa at krak.net 11/10/05 3:28 pm >>>
No, you don't. I've done it, more than once. cubeowner.com (not
cubeowners) appears to be having issues, so I'll describe it:

Looking down onto the cube, from the front, stick a small screwdriver
into
the left edge of the slot. Fiddle around a bit. It isn't a mechanical
switch,
but it is there. Don't try to force it.

Of course, if the drive is dead, or not getting power, this won't work.

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Luis Meleiro wrote:

>atoa: I didn't mean to unmount each little piece that forms the whole
>Cube... but you certainly have to remove the core and top plate to do
>it.
>
>Rick: This link shows where the emergency eject button is located:
>http://cubeowner.com/kbase_2/index.php?page=index_v2&id=257&c=4
>Yes, it is from cubeowner.com... where else!? :)
>
>LM

>You don't need to take the cube apart to hit the emergency eject
button.
>I'm sure cubeowners.com has instructions. I've done it several times.

Cube mailing list
Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: