[Cube] CD Stuck in Drive

Rick ebranscomb at mac.com
Thu Nov 10 08:39:05 PST 2005

Luis, thanks, I thought we might have it. I suspected there should be
some way to get under the hood, but no luck.

How do I get to the emergency eject switch? If the drive is dead, I
guess that's OK, but I'd sure like the CD back. It's not a music CD--
it's a backup data CD.

On Nov 10, 2005, at 9:26 AM, Luis Meleiro wrote:

> Rick,
>
> If nothing (os x or software based) is responsive, you should give
> "open firmware" a try:
>
> Press and hold command+option+O+F right after the chime and while
> the Cube's starting up.
> "welcome to open firmware" message will appear.
>
> Type: eject-cd (or eject cd - without the dash - not sure, but you
> can try both)
>
> Press Enter. Any stuck CD should then be ejected and "ok" message
> should appear.
>
> Type: mac-boot
>
> Press Enter again.
>
> If this is not working out, perhaps you'll have to take your Cube
> apart and try the "emergency eject button".

--------
Rick Branscomb
Professor, English Department
Salem State College