[Cube] OWC hardrive enclosure

atoa atoa at krak.net
Thu Oct 6 04:27:24 PDT 2005

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, George Pepper wrote:

> Thanks Adam, but I had already figured that out.  It was just a case of, "Hmmm.  Wonder if this jumper has anything to do with it?  Let's see what happens if I move the bridge one set of pins to the right."  Bingo.  It was just dumb luck.  I had no idea what I was doing. ;^)

That's very curious.
It sounds like you changed the drive from slave to master - though "one
set of pins to the right" depends on your viewpoint.

The internal HD on a Cube is set to master by
default. Had you at some point changed that to slave (for example, to
install a different OD)?

If, though, it had been master, and you changed it to slave, it is even
curiouser. I've never heard of an external FW drive needing to be set to
slave in order to work. But then, I've never used an OWC case.

<snip>