[Cube] Upgrading my cube

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Sun Oct 9 09:28:53 PDT 2005

Quoth alaain at wanadoo.fr (alaain at wanadoo.fr) at 09/10/2005 09:03:

> Hello all !
>
> I have an old original Cube 450 with 637 Mo ram. I bought it new
> five years ago and never had any problem with it.
>
> But today I like to upgrade it to something more perfomant.
>
> What do you think to be the best compromise in term of
> CPU, HD and stockage capacity (CD or DVD ?).
>
> My Apple dealer told me there was no really solution with
> good fiability and good price??  But he told me also I better buy a new
> Mac mini.
> So I don't trust him.

He's mostly right - you'll spend much more than a Mac mini would cost to get
your Cube to the same performance level. Really, the only reason for keeping
the Cube would be if you want to upgrade the video card. The one in the mini
isn't very powerful, even by Cube standards.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://www.spiffypage.com