[Cube] Re: Upgrading my cube

Andrew in Ann Arbor aklist04 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 10:23:35 PDT 2005

On Oct 9, 2005, at 12:15, cube-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:
> I have an old original Cube 450 with 637 Mo ram. I bought it new
> five years ago and never had any problem with it.
>
> But today I like to upgrade it to something more perfomant.
>
> What do you think to be the best compromise in term of
> CPU, HD and stockage capacity (CD or DVD ?).

I upgraded my RAM to 1.128 Gb for $100 USD and got a Maxtor 4R120L0l
120 Gb hard drive for about the same price (both second hand off the
swap list).
I'm still using the stock 450 Mhz processor but am thinking about an
upgrade.
The only problem with a faster processor is that you would probably
need to add a fan.
I like the cube because it is so quiet and a fan tends to make noise.

Andrew in Ann Arbor