[Cube] Classic won't start

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Thu Sep 22 03:12:02 PDT 2005

Bruce,

You don't specify which OS X you're using and if OS 9 resides in the
same partition as OS X (but assuming it is)... AFAIR (and I'm still
using 10.3.9), a 'security Update' was needed to run 'classic mode'
without glitches. Please check if you have OS X up-to-date in Software
Update.

1st hint: Open Disk Utility (in Applications/Utilities), select your
startup disk and hit 'Repair Permissions' button. Next go to Disk
Utility menu bar... File>Fix OS 9 Permissions.
2nd hint: Clean every preference that is classic related. Go to
HD/System Folder (with X logo)/Library/Classic and trash 'Classic'
folder contents.

Now open your Classic preference pane and let it show your OS 9 system,
in the 'Advance' button, select 'Turn Off Extensions' and hit 'Start
Classic' button.

Hope this helps you out,
LM

>>>brucarr at rogers.com 09/21/05 7:17 pm >>>
Dear Cubists:
I've a need to run a classic application but classic hangs on startup.
Might I have to reinstall Classic?
It's been so long since I installed it I don't know where to begin.
Any ideas?

Cube mailing list
Cube at listserver.themacintoshguy.com

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random
stuff: