[Cube] Power-up the Cube?

Luis Meleiro Luis_Meleiro at cilsp.com
Wed Sep 28 07:11:03 PDT 2005

Now honestly, Don!

I'd love to see a picture of your cat sitting on the top of your Cube :)

LM

>>>deschwab at descom-usa.com 09/28/05 1:49 pm >>>
Forget your pets sleeping on the power brick.  Keep them off the Cube
itself.  My big (12.5 pound) cat thought the Cube the best place to
sleep, warmth constantly exuding from the grill, but would turn the
Cube off at times.  He learned to get off, and on again, and would
usually restore the warmth source.

Eventually, I knew, this had to stop, or the poor Cube would expire
from too many off-on cycles.

Luckily, for those who have similar pet management/Cube management
problems, The Container Store sells a nice little three shelve grey
painted cast iron shelf unit, and either the high or low shelf holds
and displays a Cube handsomely.  (One must place it hanging out a
little, to allow access to the DVD-ROM slot, but this has proved no
problem)

And shelf unit can also be fit, as it is in my home, with a nice
cushion on the top shelf, on which the persistent cat can sit; the
Cube's warmth has more than adequate room to diffuse, and warms the
cushion.  The puss likes it, and can sit at close hand watch me at
the keyboard.  The only disadvantage is the occasional transit over
the keyboard to the cushion.

Don Schwab