[Cube] Still Here

Philip J Robar pjrobar at areyoureallythatstupid.org
Sat Apr 8 07:16:22 PDT 2006

On Apr 8, 2006, at 5:23 AM, Riba wrote:

> On 2006.04.08, at 13:38, Philip J Robar wrote:
>
>> On Apr 8, 2006, at 3:23 AM, Peter Lang wrote:
>>
>>> Do you know it's possible to change from airport card b to g
>>> (extreme) for cube without great effort?
>>
>> Airport and Airport Extreme cards are not interchangeable. They
>> have physically different interfaces. If you want 802.11g you'll
>> have to go with USB. While an 802.11g will saturate a cube's USB
>> 1.1 port you should still do better than 802.11b which usually
>> works at 3-5 Mbs in real use.
>
> Or you can use the "media converter" that connects through
> ethernet...but it is a fairly expensive solution and of course
> external...

I think you mean bridge (a.k.a. Gaming Adaptor), like those used to
connect an ethernet only Game Console to a wireless network,  as
opposed to a simple physical media converter, yes? I hadn't thought
of that, and you're correct that they tend to be rather expensive --
after quick look the least expensive I could find was $50. It would
however let you take maximal advantage of 802.11g on a cube.

Phil
--
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding
of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they