[Cube] Daystar upgrades?

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Wed Feb 1 04:21:50 PST 2006

On 2/1/06 4:15 AM, "Riba" <riba at ml1.net> wrote:

> On 2006.02.01, at 11:06, Riba wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any experience with Daystar offerings? Looks nice
>> for the price, but I'm wondering if there are any problems with them:
>> http://daystar-store.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=132
>
> I'm stupid, I just realized those are Gigadesigns upgrades.

I have had a Gigadesigns 1.2Ghz upgrade for two years and I've been very
happy with it. They provide good instructions for installing the upgrade if
you want to do it yourself, and the newer upgrades come with tools for the
upgrade.

You'll need to check on the current boards, but my upgrade has a three year
warranty. I recently had a problem that prevented me from booting the Cube.
I was getting one kernel panic after the other. They helped with the
troubleshooting and provided an RMA whenever we determined the kernel panics
were CPU related. They fixed the board and shipped it back FedEx.

Hope that helps.
pf