[Cube] to whom it may cnoncern: HD with Master vs. CableSelect

Stefan no-spam at punkt-x.de
Thu Jan 26 02:13:17 PST 2006

Hi friends,

today I want to send you a message about my impressions with jumpers.
(Take it as a notice for our archive)

I had to change my (internal) harddisk.
I built in the new one without changing anything, that means, with
jumper on "cable select".

The result:the cube needs very very long to boot. The
"rainbow-circles" is to see quite often. The machine crashes more
often then before. Finally my external DVD-R (via Firewire) wasn't
accepted by DVD-Player (error code -70012, in german like "no
accepted DVD-Player was found").

When I changed jumper to "master" all problems disappeared.

Take care.

Best wishes
Stefan